Saturday, January 30, 2010

Living Life to the Fullest....



What is it that brings us Joy in life? What times do we cherish and really see the detailed morsels of goodness that are entrapped in each one? Do we search so fast for new moments of satisfaction that we dont even recognize why the former moments were so comforting? And to go even deeper, what is it about these spots in time that causes us to search earnestly for the rest? Sometimes I am reminded that its not about the future but the moment and really recognizing and seeing the reason for smiles, for laughter, for tears of Joy and pain, for embrace, for insignificance, for language barriers broken, for social barriers broken, for reuniting, for comfort, for rest, and for peace. If you could pause a 4 hour period at different moments would you understand the moments you experience better. I know I would. Maybe this is why photographs touch me and affect me the way they do. That the thousand things going on in a single moment affect and produce the one true moment in our minds.

I watched a movie last night that was a roller coaster of emotions and feelings. At times it would go in to slow motion or zoom in so much that you could only see the one thing going on that was in focus. I started to notice the difference in smiles, atmospheres, emotions, weather, and even thought or ideas going on. It began to wrestle in me a comparison to my own life and similar situations down to the littlest detail. I began to think of all the times I had not truly embraced and seized the moment for what it was, but instead just took in that fact that it was something that I naturally searched for as a human being. Then it hit me.... How Truly wonderful and Majestic is Our God. That he would in the creation of being, put such complexity in to the very workings of a moment in time. That he could reveal himself and make examples of himself in everything I thought about when breaking it down in detail.

Just in this same way do we over look the Lord's work in our lives, or the guidance for us on our walk. We get so caught up in the moment that we dont cherish the moment for what it is. We are so busy running the next thing that we dont take time to really sit and dwell in what God is doing in our lives. We react irrationally and dont hold true to the promise that with the Lord, all things work for Good.

"My purpose is that they may be encouraged in heart and united in love, so that they may have the full riches of complete understanding, in order that they may know the mystery of God, namely, Christ all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge." -Colossians 2:2 & 3

No comments:

Post a Comment